March 29, 2010

Umm.. So WHO are you?

I am Johnathan's "auntie Lucy" who will most likely be doing most of the posts. I am Becca's sister Kimberly (why do I go by Auntie Lucy? Ask Johnathan's daddy ;) and since the day this little man has been born I just kind of took over updating people online. Later I will add old blogs I wrote when Johnathan was a newborn in the NICU.
I am sure Becca will post a few things but she calls me her "PR person" and asked me to do this. She fires me often though and it's well deserved! LOL!

I wanted to make a small note for those that don't know maybe... Becca has been a fighter her entire life. In kindergarten she was diagnosed with a severe case of dyslexia. So much so she wrote every single letter backwards AND wrote right to left instead of left to right. For many years i was the only one able to read her writing and interrupt it for others. She qualified for disablity but Becca knew she could work hard and fight so she never did.
Over the years with a lot of help Becca has made huge leaps with her spelling and her writing. But she has had to work 10x harder than i did to get there. Even with a learning disability Rebecca has always been very bright. It's just getting things down on paper that is a struggle to this day. I can't tell you how amazed and proud I am of her. She went on to get her CNA and then went to become an amazing phlebotomist. To achieve those things she had to continue to work much harder than others. She has come so far and many people don't even know any of this about her.
But she still has her demons when it comes to this and because of that she doesn't enjoy blogging, emailing or journaling more than a paragraph or two and s really self-conscious. So that's where I come in. We think along the same lines and i am able to get it out there for her. And I do enjoy blogging as i am very long winded ;)
Now that doesn't mean you wont see many spelling errors or typos from me! LOL! Go ahead and let me know if they are a hige deal so i can correct them. Otherwise just giggle to yourself ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment